10 Interesting Psychological Facts
Interesting Psychological Facts
Here are some psychological facts hand-picked by MedicalTribe.com, that may help you better understand your-self and let you react better with your surroundings.
1) Those who care the most generally pretend as if they don't care much. In psychology this is called 'emotional defense mechanism'.
Frequently you will have noticed that people who care the most generally pretend as if they don't care much. Our common sense lets us believe the opposite. In psychology this is called 'emotional defense mechanism'.
2) People who are ignorant tend to believe they are intelligent, while intelligent people usually underestimate their abilities.
Studies have shown that people who are ignorant and less knowledgeable tend to overestimate their abilities and usually believe they are more intelligent than what they actually are. While intelligent people usually expect more from themselves, their criterion about intelligence usually tend to be high and they are more likely to underestimate their abilities.
3) The way you dress is linked to your mood. When you dress well and you are comfortable with your dress, it improves your mood and makes you feel happy.
The way you dress yourself and more importantly how you feel about your dressing is linked to your mood. When you are dressed well and you are confident with your dress, it improves your mood and makes you feel happy. At times when you are depressed or feeling low, it is useful to get dressed in your best attire and you may feel better.
4) If you dislike someone but still you are nice to them, it don't mean that you are being fake or you are lying, It means that your are mature enough to tolerate others.
Maturity can be defined as an ability to accept things that you cannot change and to become tolerant and adjust to facts rather than persistently keep on arguing. If you dislike someone but still you are nice to them, it don't mean that you are being fake or you are lying,
It means that your are mature enough to tolerate the person and accept their negative side.
5) When you stay calm and quite in a conversation it does not always mean that you have nothing to say. It means that you don't think people are ready to hear you.
Frequently we find that people who are intelligent and mature, tend to stay calm in long arguments. When they stay calm and quite in a conversation it does not always mean that they have nothing to say. It may mean that the person has understood that the people in the argument are not ready to hear their thoughts, and it is useless to continue arguing.
6) Chances are high that people will text things that they could never say in person.
Frequently people "text" things that they could never say in person. It is the anxiety of eye contact or rejection or the fear of not being able to face the response that they try to avoid by simply texting the message.
7) Cherophobia prevents some people from being too happy as they think that something tragic will soon happen if they become happy.
This is a unique phobia called 'Cherophobia' that prevents a person from being too happy because of the fear that something tragic will soon happen if they become happy. They either try to suppress their happiness or use some other defense mechanism consciously or sub-consciously.
8) Cells in your body react to your psychological status, known as psycho-somatic effect. Negativity can bring down your immune system similarly positivism can boost your body's defence mechanism against illnesses.
Psycho-somatic illnesses are proven and several studies have shown that the Cells in your body react to your psychological status. The power of positive attitude on the disease progression is known even on the chronic diseases and malignancies. Negativity can bring down your immune system and positive attitude can boost your immunity and help you fight your illnesses better.
9) The fear of losing someone you love is known as 'Thantophobia'.
'Thantophobia' is the fear of losing someone you love. It's very important to overcome this phobia and at times it may be necessary to take psychotherapy or medical help if it begins to hinder your routine life.
10) Person is more likely to be honest when physically tired. This is the reason why people usually confess things during late night conversations.
To lie and to pretend requires stamina both physical and mental. A person who is lying, has to make a lot of efforts to prevent being caught. And this is the reason why people are more likely to be honest when physically tired. People usually confess things during late night conversations.