What to avoid in case of Snake Bite ?
In case you are bitten by a snake, or you are near a person who has been bitten there are certain things you should not do, or you make cause more harm to the patient.
- Don't panic.
- Don't apply tourniquet or constriction band that stops blood supply to the bite site.
- Don't use ice packs or immerse the bit wound in water.
- Don't puncture, pinch or scrap the area.
- Don't apply heat or electrical therapy.
- Don't suck in the venom.
- Don't elevate the wound area higher than the heart/chest level.
- Don't drink alcohol, herbal medicine, aspirin or any other medicines not prescribed by the doctor.
- Don't try to capture the snake.